Wednesday, August 18, 2010

individual dessert pedestals {tutorial}

I recently hosted  a Donuts & Dragons party for some very special guests. One of the highlights of the dessert table was the individual dessert pedestals I had made. Each individual stand held one perfect donut:) Individual and mini stands are, without a doubt, going to be a huge entertaining trend. Easy enough to make and quite darling & impressive. The ideas & combinations when creating them are endless.You can use them while entertaining to showcase any kind of fare-breakfast, lunch, dinner or my favorite-dessert:)

Jillian, the genius behind Catch My Party, asked me if I would create a tutorial for these sweet little pedestals. I agreed, whipped up the tute and you can go read all about it here. If you create one of these stands, send me pictures. I live for this stuff:)

8 comments :

Lauren @ten23designs said...

They are fabulous! You are fabulous!

Lorena Cagnotti said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I´m gonna try make some!

Unknown said...

awesome!!! glad to see the tutorial! I am still loving the party as a whole!

hugs! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Jillian said...

Kristy,

Thank you again for the fabulous tutorial. You are such a creative hostess! I love all your parties!

Jillian

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

Very cute! I love the plain wood ones. This just reminded me that I did something similar impromptu at our recent Alice shoot, with my candlesticks, pink daisy plates, teacups topped with cupcakes: http://tomkatstudio.blogspot.com/2010/07/alice-in-wonderland-photo-shoot.html

testing 1 said...

O
M
G
I fall in love with you more every day. You must stop being so clever or my head will explode. I can't afford all these ideas.

A Blissful Nest said...

Kristy- what a great idea. I love your very own dessert served in style!

Two Sisters and a Jane said...

An individual pedestal is a great idea for a summer tea party - thank you! I think it's perfect for serving summer Strawberry Shortcake I adore the donuts for a sleepover party too!